TOP MOUNTAIN BIKES
Mountain bikes are needed for driving over rough terrain. They are particularly durable, reliable and unpretentious service. Choosing such a vehicle is always a difficult task, especially for beginners. To approach the purchase of a bike is very serious, because, having acquired anything, you will spend a lot of money irrationally.
Our experts have compiled a rating, which included 21 models of the best mountain bikes, among which you will definitely find the right one for you.
What to look for when choosing a mountain bike
1. Budget . You should not save on the purchase of a mountain bike, as often the price matches the quality. Models from the middle and premium price segment will serve the owner for many years, and cheap models can become unusable after two weeks.
2. Type . There are two main groups: Hartdale (front suspension fork) and dvuhpodvesy (front and rear depreciation). Hartdale lighter weight and cost less, but do not give such a comfortable ride, as the double suspension, which is heavier, but better cope with riding on the forest belt, slides and any other irregularities.
3. Shock absorbers . Check the bike in the store, holding the brake while pressing on the steering wheel. Depreciation should work smoothly and gently. The rear, in the form of a spring, ideally shrinks to the sixth part during the landing of the cyclist. Remember that on budget models there should be no depreciation. If it is, it will very quickly fail, demanding a replacement, which means financial investments.
4. Speed and brakes. A large number of speeds (over 27) will not be needed by amateurs, from 21 to 24 will be quite enough for them. There are two types of brakes: disc brakes and pads. The latter are more reliable and cheaper to maintain, although lately manufacturers have chosen to install more expensive disk drives.
5. Wheels and frame . The large diameter of the wheels will make it possible to drive faster, but the cyclist must have good physical training. With a smaller diameter, the speed will be lower, but you can pedal without straining. When choosing, rely on height: if it is more than 1.80 m, then 28-inch will do, if less, then 26 is enough, and for low-rise people - 24. When determining the height of the frame, you should also look at height: up to 1.60 m 15 inches will be enough, from 1.60 to 1.80 m - 19, from 1.90 - 23.
6. Additional equipment . The wings allow you to ride in rainy weather, without fear of dirty spray. Lamps and reflectors provide safety on the road, and a repair kit will allow you to repair any simple breakage anywhere, if necessary. It is better if some amount of equipment will be included in the original equipment.
Read more best mountain bikes here roadbikeadventure.com
BEST ELECTRIC SCOOTERS
Wanting to buy something, the consumer is always faced with the problem of choice. Is no exception, and the acquisition of a scooter. What model to prefer? What should I look for first? What characteristics and parameters to take into account? All this we will discuss in this article, to facilitate the task of the buyer of such a vehicle.
Expertology experts have prepared a rating, which presents the 12 best electric scooters from famous brands.
What to look for when choosing a scooter
1. Battery power . One of the most important characteristics, since it affects the how much an electric scooter can drive on one charge. You should choose models that will pass without recharging a distance of at least 25 km.
2. Speed . Electric scooters are compact. Accordingly, the smaller the transport, the stronger the speed with which it moves. There are some models on the market that can reach speeds of up to 85 km / h, but we do not recommend them, as this is simply not safe. A speed of 10-12 km / h will be sufficient for children's electric scooters, but for adults the best option will be 25-40 km / h. Here it is worth mentioning battery capacity again. If it is small, the transport will travel on a charge of not more than 30 minutes, and this is hardly enough for most of the necessary trips.
3. Wheels . On small ones it is difficult to overcome obstacles in the form of potholes, stones, cracks, irregularities, and large ones will add weight to the electric scooter and increase its dimensions. Therefore, the optimum diameter will be 8-10 inches. You should also choose the wheels with wings. This will save the vehicle and the rider from the dirt if you have to go on the road after the rain.
4. Weight . For convenience, the weight should be small, about 10-20 kg. Then the electric scooter can be easily brought into the premises, as well as move on it yourself, as usual, in the case of battery discharge. For children, teenagers and girls it is better to choose a model whose weight is from 6 to 15 kg.
5. Dimensions . Small size and compactness facilitate transportation and storage. It should also take into account how easily folded electric scooter. Models with a seat should be thought out so that you can quickly remove it if necessary.
6. Security . Light in the dark is very important. It allows you to notice the rider on the road, as well as light the way, so as not to knock someone or not to run into an obstacle. Despite the fact that you can independently purchase lighting and attach it to the electroscooter, it is better not to spend extra money and time, immediately choose a model equipped with front and rear lights.